Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Featured artist: Elida de Souza Moore

The jurors for each of our shows may choose to award recognition for outstanding theme pieces.  For "The Child Within", Elida de Souza Moore was recognized for the entire body of work she submitted.  Elida is known for her art dolls, in addition to her other fiber media such as jewelry.

Elida says, "I am very pleased to be part of the show 'The Child Within.' I had the opportunity to bring back precious memories of my early age. And I am very excited that some of my pieces were recognized. I tried to recreate them as close as possible to the way I used to do when I was a kid: very modest, ordinary fabric, basic colors and unsophisticated techniques. I also tried to recreate the moments I had with my neighbor friends at the end of the day, playing “Ring-a-ring-a-roses.”

"Simone," "Xandoca," and  “Ring-a-ring-a-roses” are shown below.


We'll feature the other two juror recognition awards in future posts.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: